Friday, February 8, 2013

If to fly.

I was once asked in Twitter if I am a Traveler (just like those self-proclaimed). Honestly, I have no idea. I love to go to places, discover new things and learn other cultures; but in essence, the farthest place I've been  to was Hongkong (which gave me an impression of Binondo alike- only colder).

Anyway, my personality also does not allow me to travel in a spontaneous manner. I always go for itinerary and fix plan. I remember having ill incident with my friends when we went to Cebu just because things won't go according to the list. Yes, I am that worst of a person. Curious as well, I don't get attracted to seat sales. Reason? I want to fly in my own term and when I am sure to go. Seat sales usually have this fix fly period which will occur half a year prior to buying tickets.

Another reason for being stuck here is-- TIME. I work for a US company and study at the same time. So basically, I don't have any holidays. When it is holiday in the Philippines we have work according to US schedule (and vice versa). You can probably say-- GOOD BYE SOCIAL LIFE. That has been my yawn for the past three years.

Though that does not mean I hinder myself to travel and become a terminal homebody. I do want to expand my horizon and be a full pledge 'traveler'. Following is the list of places I've been dying to visit. It somehow inspires to be do well in school. My mom would always tell me: Maging abogado ka then makakaya mo ng pumunta sa mga lugar na yan. Since I trust her, these photos are pinned in my inspiration board to serve as motivation.

(In random order)




Santorini, Greece: Who wouldn't want to go here. Like c'mon! This is a giveaway. Actually, I envision myself to enjoy 'Honeymoon' here (insert sentimental face because I'll be celebrating V-Day single). I even joke around that my soon-to-be-husband must be rich enough to provide a honeymoon package. That's basically my ultimate standard. I kid! hahaha

Auschwitz, Poland: Other than visiting 'Beautiful Places', I've been dreaming to visit the largest concentration camp during World War II. I personally think every human being must give time for such. My parents raised me knowing the story behind the biggest crime against humanity. It is only proper that we should not forget.

Holy Land: For those who do not know, our mother-daughter bonding would usually consist of Church-hopping. To all the Church recognized holidays- I love Holy Week. Specially during Maundy Thursday. I super enjoy doing the 'Bisita Iglesia' and being all amazed with the beautiful churches in the Metro. Hopefully, I could strengthen my faith more by visiting the actual birth place of Jesus Christ.

New Caledonia: Though I am still figuring out whether this is an independent country or an island owned by France, it immediately stole my heart after seeing it in Boys Over Flowers. (sorry! KPop e.hahaha). Booked it as another honeymoon prospect, I love the crystal blue water around it. Actually, water and I goes hand-in-hand. It is my safety zone. I know you'd probably say- why go abroad if we have same treasures in the Philippines (Boracay, Coron, Palawan, Amanpulo etc). This post is for destinations outside our domain. Of course, I do want to travel all over Philippines. That's given already. :)

Angkor Wat, Cambodia: I am not limiting this to Angkor Wat nor to Cambodia itself. In a collective sense, I want to visit all the ruins if possible. Somehow I have this kind of fascination over human made architectures. I often wonder how they made it knowing there were no bulldozers in the past era. Also, I am amazed how other culture was able to preserve human made treasures. Part of me wishes that our country would also show the same kind of appreciation.

Machu Picchu, Peru: I want to go there and check if there is still an existing Mayan so I could tell in his face- YOU SUCH A LIAR!!! hahahaha. Seriously now, seeing the picture above, it only emphasized my love for ruins.

Lastly... Seoul, Korea: Wala lang. Gusto ko lang kasi i-stalk si Kim Hyun Joong. hahaha!

How about you guys, what is/are your dream destination/destinations?






Love,
Katerina Bianca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Let's all spread the love. Good vibes!