Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Movie: Beautiful Creatures

I was invited last night by my good friend Jonver to watch the special movie premier of 'Beautiful Creatures'. Considering that not everyday I get to enjoy a little leisure, I immediately paved way to give time to attend. That consists of mail bombing my boss for instant changes in my work schedule. Fortunate enough, my boss is waaaayyy tooooo nice and understanding to permit me. :)

Honestly, I had no idea what it is about-- I practically said 'YES' without doing research. hahaha. Initially I thought it was some sort of indi-film.hahaha. Thank God for youtube, SM free wi-fi and insta-movie trailers, I was enlightened one hour before the show. The movie maybe associated to another ang-weird-namang-love-story but this time... no Vampires! Thank God again, hallelujah... hallelujah. I am somehow getting tired watching all this Human-loves-Vampire kind of stuffs starting from Buffy to Twilight and now Vampire Dairies. nuff nuff please! You make it appear that there is really an impending extinction of Man hence women divert their attentions to weirdo-wacko-blood-suckers.

Going back... What's more interesting with this movie is the introduction of 'Casters'. I don't know about you guys but as far as I'm concern-- first time to actually hear such term. Being a fan of Wikipedia, I found out that casters are actually kind of witch however with little freedom to choose whether they are in the dark or light side. SO basically they are the suppressed witches (okey I just made that up). Casters will somehow be claimed to their own nature when they reached the age of 16. No option of whether they can be good or bad.

In this movie, it was the female protagonist who has the magical powers and was the guy running after her. PLUS POINTS FOR ME!! Enough of the films wherein the girls are running for their abnormal boyfriends and latter dumping them so to protect.LIKE WTF IS THAT!!! This movie showed the other way around...




Contrary to Twilight (Disclaimer: I am not a fan nor a hater. There were only instances that I just hate Kirsten's overly exaggerated face-- being sarcastic with that one), Ethan Wate (played by Alden Ehrenreich) and Lena Duchannes (played by Alice Englert) gave the much needed 'kilig-much' in the first 30 minutes of the film. Talk about record holder. Sorry for all Edward-Bella fans but I can't remember having the same 'kilig much' factor that Ethan and Lena has in Twilight. All I can remember is Edward's sparkly body and those extra extra sexxxxxyyy Volvo, Ferrari and Benz-- need I say more?



Then there was Emmy Rossum. Initially I thought she's the bidang babae in the film- considering that she's the only actor I know in the poster. I was wrong. Contrary to her soft angelic image in Phantom of the Opera- she was so different here. Being the evil cousin... she has hilarious scenes that would make you love (not hate) her. Plus, she really did justice on the character. 


And that dress... that DRESSSSS.... I was on the verge of standing up and giving slow claps upon seeing the scene below. Not to much that hot top down car on the side. Define SCENE STEALER.




Beautiful Creatures is actually based upon the novel of the same name by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This is the start of Caster Chronicles series and is directed by Richard LaGravenese (screenwriter of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader). If you are a movie-series-aficionado like me then let's all add this one in the list. I was a bit broken-hearted when Harry Potter and Twilight ended because I don't know what else to watch. Glad they already started The Hobbit's Tale and now this... Another one to look forward to.

For the benefit of everybody, here again is the trailer of the movie. Enjoy!!!
Love,
Katerina Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Let's all spread the love. Good vibes!