Saturday, April 27, 2013

Open Letter: Pound More.


I honestly don't get why some people care too much about my weight- as if they feed me or something. LIKE WHY??? Does it make me less attractive than before? Is it unhealthy? Am I going to join a pageant or  perhaps become a celebrity?

For the record feeble-minded brains, I couldn't care less about my look so I hope you do too. I gained weight because I eat (a lot) which I find rationale. It is not obesity or anything related that made me look like this. Do I have a balance diet? Well I admit that ever since I could remember I never had the usual go-grow-glow kind of stuffs. I eat what I want to eat which is most of the time sweets and carbs. I live in a mantra that -- "Why deprive myself with something I worked hard for". 

Looks does matter. I actually believe with such saying but does gaining weight equivalent to being unattractive? If you really have the "IT", regardless of your weight, you will still look presentable. For once, I am an aspiring Lawyer and not a celebrity of some sort. I don't need to wear revealing clothes or be extra extra conscious of people's perception. I intend to invest more in my knowledge than my physical appearance hence I eat whatever makes me happy. As you might have known, Law School is a walk in the park-- Jurassic Park. We are a step closer to insanity and fatigue. So basically, it's a defense mechanism to majority of us to live/eat to the fullest. Do you actually think depriving ourselves of good food would help?

Though, as law students, various tips were given to us that may help our memory-- like avoid eating (too much) saturated fat, alcohol and caffeine. They say it is somewhat related to some study that too much of everything will affect your brain (sort of like that). Don't worry 'concerned citizens' who care more about my looks than theirs, I am far from dying of gluttony. ☺

As for my closing remarks, I leave you this video of a girl who some says looks fat or like pregnant. This is hilarious but just bear with her. She made this video, as promised, after passing Taxation I two semesters ago. She probably gained weight again-- adding a line or two in the weighing scale but hell she cares. As long as she takes baby steps closer to her dream-- no hominid can bring her down.









Love,
Katerina Bianca





2 comments:

  1. I have been so conscious with gaining weight before, like two years ago. You know the "you need to eat this, not that" feeling. But I realized that being so much conscious of being healthy is becoming so frustrating. I still get sick-- gets colds and cough though I eat those food reach in Vit C.

    So I changed my lifestyle a little. I stopped being so obsessive compulsive. I ate what I really want sometimes. I do some pigging out too. However, I still watch out if I'm taking in so much. Mahirap rin ang tumaba masyado. The thing that I always remember now is the word-- "balance".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so me right now ... It just feels so frustrating when people can't stop not just noticing how you gain weight but also boast how good looking they are because they're slim .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Let's all spread the love. Good vibes!